StarTimesNigeria

30 Oct 2013

Gucci history, some interesting facts and my inordinate obsession with the brand

My first experience with Gucci was few years back, when I decided to buy something, being particularly enamored by the brand’s signature motif. In India, either people are completely aware of such high-end brands or they have got no idea, making them think why these products are of such insane price? And when outlets of such luxury brands open-up, the sales assistant usually expect people from elite class to walk in. When I stepped into the store, I tried catching the sales guy’s attention by drifting past him numerous times. Although he tried hard not to notice me, finally he had to show me a few of small leather items quite reluctantly.

I could only buy a leather cardholder, the only thing I could afford at the time. My inordinate passion with this brand has since then solidified mostly because of this fashion house’s legacy and aesthetic. Such is the power of this brand that American rapper 2 Chainz had once said, “When I die, burry me inside the Gucci store.” Such is the mania of this brand across the globe! This edition is all about Gucci history with some interesting facts. Read on!
Whenever Italy is mentioned, some think about magnificent citadels, chateau, red wine and food. There are also some people, who instantly relate this country to fashion, leather and of course Gucci….

Guccio Gucci, the foudner of this luxury brand had spent many years working in London’s Savoy Hotel. He worked as an elevator attendant in this hotel; the job which was the real inspiration behind his brand. Being an elevator attendant in one of the most lavish hotels in Europe, he came in contact with A-listers like Marilyn Monroe, Winston Churchill, Frank Sinatra and Claude Monet. This inspired by him to open his own high-
end leather luggage and this is how he launched his brand in 1921.

He went back to Italy and within a few years the label was enjoying growing
success, the cosmopolitan international elite holidaying in Florence converged on Gucci’s bottega on a quest for his Gucci shoes, bags, trunks, gloves and belts.

#JordanCircuitVerdict: We love Gucci!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment